Saturday, September 9, 2017

September....ahhhh

The morning has broken on an absolutely gorgeous day here on the East End and these are the times I live for. I sat at the ocean for an hour earlier, I have painting to do outside on the deck, and it just feels like a great day for mental and physical rehabilitation. And I can use both.

The light is never prettier than it is in September. The shadows are coming earlier in the day, but the morning surf and the evening sunsets are a gift from above. Today my heart is going out to the residents of Florida as Irma bears down on them, and looking out over the Atlantic today, with perfectly formed, beautiful waves coming ashore made me think about how that amazing ocean can turn so deadly in such a short time. Storm surf is incredible and mesmerizing, but so dangerous and so frightening all at the same time.  We are enjoying the same ocean here that is terrorizing so many people in the south right now. Sometimes the world is not such a big place at all.

Well I don't know if we have any hurricanes in our future here on the East End this autumn, but at the moment the weather is perfect and I'm going to try to spend as much of the day outside as I can because I don't want to waste a moment if it. Gifts like this are to be treasured, and I think I shall do just that.

No comments: