Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Home


After a few days of traveling I'm grateful to be home in my peaceful, happy place. 

I'm always amazed at how I relax as soon as I step back in my door after a trip. Its not only an emotional things, its a physical thing. I could feel myself relax and settle in and just knew all the stress was leaving my body as I came through my back door. I had to immediately re-enter my world, knowing the dryer was broken and I had to call the repairman first thing in the morning, and there was a pile of laundry to do, and I had no clean clothes...but still...I began to feel like like everything was OK. I was home.

Travel is fun - an adventure - but the real joy of travel is the return. Because home is truly where our hearts are - in every broken knob and every loose handle, every comfortable pillow and every box of tissues that are just within reach when I need them. This is my space. And I'm grateful for it.

And I'm not leaving it anytime soon. 

No comments: