Friday, August 4, 2017

Hammock time

We were certainly blessed with some beautiful weather this past weekend, despite the overcast skies on Saturday. Sunday was one of the most spectacular days I can remember in a very long time.

There are a few days every year that you just wish you could bottle up and save for pull out when you really need them, like for a wedding or other very special event, or just because you need to spirit lift. Sunday was one of those days. I went to church, spent time at the pool with my children and grandchildren, and lay in my hammock reading a book until it was beginning to get dark. It was a picture-perfect day and made me think, even if only for a moment, that life would someday be happy and beautiful for me again. I haven't felt that way much this past year so it was a nice change.

I think if I could have that day again, knowing ahead of time how beautiful it would be, I would begin it by watching the sunrise over the water at Montauk Point by the lighthouse. Then breakfast in Montauk, working my way along the stretch to Amagansett and perhaps for a walk along the bay side. Lunch someplace outside would be nice, maybe in Sag Harbor along Main Street, followed by a walk along the street and out to Long Wharf. I think I would work my way west a little more and end in Hampton Bays for dinner at one of their outdoor restaurants on the ocean. I would save my cocktail for home, coming back to East Hampton and walking to The Palm for a cocktail before wandering home for a good night's sleep after a very long day. But what a day it would have been.

My dream life. Happy and beautiful again, maybe....
 

No comments: