Saturday, August 12, 2017

Another Saturday

Saturdays used to be my favorite days. Not anymore.

When I was younger they were days home from school. I could sleep late, and have fun with friends. They were the best days of the week!

When I grew up they still special days because my kids were home from school and we could have family time. I loved weekends but Sundays were about church, so Saturdays were the "free" day and having no schedule was always nice.

Saturdays are not so much fun anymore. With an empty house there is no one to enjoy all that free time yet. Oh, I'm sure many people love to be alone and have their "alone" time, but I'm not one of them. I'm a person who like to socialize, to have company, to just be with people. I am lonely when I'm alone. I'm not meant to be a solitary person. And I do my bet to fill my days with stuff - but Saturdays....well....they're empty days now.

So here we are at another Saturday. Its rainy so I can't go to the beach and be with family, its too busy out there to want to be on the roads to go shopping or whatever, and here I sit. Time for creative thinking! I'm going to start my book. I've been talking about writing a book for years. Maybe the time has come to do it.

Then again...I could clean up my office, which is what I really need to do....

No comments: