Friday, June 30, 2017

Yesterday

Yesterday completely got away from me. I mean completely. Isn't it amazing how one thing can throw off your entire day?

I had a meeting with someone who was late. Late by over thirty minutes. Then, the meeting that was supposed to last about half an hour lasted two and a half hours. Seriously. 

So my day, as I planned it out, was gone.

So I wonder how it is we allow ourselves to be thrown by such things as a busted schedule? At least I do and I'm sure I'm not the only one, although I'm equally sure that there are many people out there that rarely care about schedules. I've known some of them actually.

But why can't I "go with the flow" just a little more easily? I know I'm a slave to my calendar and sometimes I envy those who just fly by the seat of their pants. But that's not me and I know I wouldn't be happy that way. I follow the schedule. I do what's on the calendar. And I enjoy structure.


I guess that's the key here. I need structure in my life. Perhaps its not all that great all the time, but for the most part, and for most of the time, its what I need and what makes me happy. And that's the truth.

No comments: