Saturday, June 10, 2017

Open

Today I have a rare page on my calendar. Its completely blank. 

Well that's a slight exaggeration - I do have a ribbon-cutting ceremony to attend at 6:00 tonight in Southampton. But other than that there is nothing....NOTHING on the page. And I'm not sure how I feel about that.

This represents one of the worst things about being a single person. Because it would be fun to have a day like this if I had someone to spend it with. We could take a drive, or do a project, or even have a day of binge watching some televisions show we haven't seen (although with good weather a day outside would be best). But somehow, none of that is as much fun when you're on your own. 

I can hear some of you saying "That sounds like heaven to me!" but therein lies a difference among people. I am not, by nature, a solitary person. I don't enjoy being alone. I like having another person around to talk to, laugh with, share ideas with - whatever. My times of solitude are often sad ones because I long for another person to be in the room.

I know that's not for everybody. I have family members who love being lone. In fact, they rarely entertain and have no interest in a busy social life. That's not me. I love entertaining, I love going out, and I love being with people. I like meeting new ones and I love being with old friends. Although I am shy so going out alone is not so much for for me. I like to be in the company of at least one person I know!

So - I don't know what today will bring, but I think I need to find some way to entertain myself. I'll let you know how I make out!

No comments: