Friday, June 9, 2017

Music

I've been listening to a CD in my car this week that has me enchanted. Its not because the artists are particularly good, although they are fine. Its not because of the orchestrations or the voices. Its because of the messages. Which leads me to think about music and the effect it has on our lives.

It seems as though music is always there for us, doesn't it? There's the song that reminds me of my first crush because it was popular then and the Beach Boys were young and cute and it all worked together to make a music memory for me at the tender age of 13. Then there's the song that was playing when I was driving to the doctor for tests to determine what my cancer was and how it was going to be treated. Whenever I hear it now my stomach is instantly in knots again. And of course the song that was sung at my wedding when I walked down the aisle, all full of hope and love.

No comments: