Monday, June 26, 2017

Big sky

There's a big sky out there this morning and its as blue as you'll ever see at any time of the year. Its a beautiful hue and there isn't a cloud to be seen at the moment. It's quite a beautiful day here on the East End of Long Island.

I've always wanted to visit Montana because of its slogan: "Big Sky Country". I think because it has wide open spaces the sky is clearly visible and takes up much of the horizon, as opposed to ours where trees and buildings obstruct the view. Just from the photos and film footage I've seen it really must be spectacular to be there. I remember the scenery in the movie "The Horse Whisperer" that was filmed there - it was quite breathtaking for sure. Imagine being able to see for miles and watch as storm clouds march towards you from a long distance away. I think Montana certainly earned its nickname.

We may not have that kind of sky here, but it is nevertheless beautiful when its clear and blue and sunny out there. And today is one of those days. I think a trip to the ocean may be in order to fully appreciate it.

No comments: