Sunday, June 25, 2017

Beachin'

Well the weather so far has been nice for the beach (when it hasn't been raining that is) because the temperatures have been pleasant and there's been no humidity. But then yesterday was not so great. In the morning we had a huge downpour - the remnants of the tropical storm that went through Louisiana earlier this week. I mean, it poured...but it didn't last long and by 11:00 the sun was out and it was lovely outside.

We ventured to the beach. It was nice at home, but the wind was wild at the ocean. We only lasted about fifteen minutes before we left because we were getting pelted with sand that hurt our bare arms and legs. 

Last night was beautiful though and tomorrow is supposed to be nice as well. I'm not sure I'll have time for the beach, but maybe. It seems I need to get some beach time in now because once the humidity arrives, I'm done. That takes all the energy out of me and I can imagine myself lying in the hammock rather than schlepping down on the hot sand. We shall see how it all plays out.

Well, I'll take my opportunities as they come. The hammock isn't so bad, is it?

No comments: