Sunday, May 28, 2017

Sunday

Well today turned out to be a better day than anticipated but tomorrow is not looking good now. Sigh...

Its been a very busy weekend with ambulance calls and certainly seems to be the beginning of the crazy time for emergency services. We do half of our yearly call volume in June, July, August and September, so now it truly does begin. There are simply too many people here from now until after the weather cools down again and there's no getting around it. I'm not sure what the answer is to the dilemma but I know its a strain on everything around here, these summer months. From the hospital to the volunteers to the police department, we all suffer, and the traffic just makes life miserable/. This has been my life since I was a child growing up here, but its worse than it was then, and becomes more intolerable every year. There was always inconvenience and there have always been crowds, but now, well, even the most stoic of us become frustrated and by August we're done. 

I've often said if I could, I would take the month of August and go somewhere. But I don't have the means and I'm not sure I'd know where to go. But I just may find some trips to take in the coming years during the month of August. A couple weeks at least would help to take the edge off.

This is only the beginning. We have a long, long way to go now.

No comments: