Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Frustration

Retail can be very frustrating.

I decided to try to get new slipcovers for my Pottery Barn dining chairs rather than get rid of them because they're good chairs, sturdy and well made, and who can't use a couple extra chairs now and then? So I went onto the website to see about getting a couple new slipcovers. I searched every where but this particular chair does not seem to exist anymore. So I called customer service. Perhaps they would know about this style of chair. No luck there either. Apparently they are no longer making this chair. So what, I ask myself, was the point of buying slip covered chairs, with the understanding that the slipcovers couple be replaced, if they are not going to carry those slipcovers by the time you need new ones? Seems a bit silly, doesn't it?
Sort of like a bait and switch in my mind. Sell you these, then later sell you more because you can't get the thing you need to use these anymore.

OK so now what to do? I wonder if I could dye these slipcovers to make them look better? Or, I wonder if bleach would take out the beige color and then they'd be white? I hate to ruin them and they do say "dry clean only" but I seem to think it might be worth a try. After all, if it doesn't work I can get rid of them, as I was trying to do to begin with. But its annoying, the whole thing.

I think I'm going to try bleach first. Who knows? It might work! And if not, I may try dying them a darker color. But I'm only going to try one at a time...then again...maybe I can find a similar size chair on another website that has a slipcover that may fit. I need to do a little more legwork on this one. Wish me luck!

No comments: