Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Coming

The temperature has been downright cold lately and many people have talked about putting their heat on. Its May for goodness sake so I won't go that far, but I will confess to turning on the gas fireplace to take the shill off a couple times in the past week. I'm pretty aware of expenses these days so I don't leave it for long, lest I pay a big price for it when the gas bill comes, but its difficult to sit and enjoy your house when your hands are freezing and you can't warm up unless you go to bed.


But they are calling for summer temperatures later this week. Talk about being bi-polar! A little something in between would be nice, right? I could us some nice high 60s or low 70s before the 80s appear. I need time to adjust to the change and to adjust my wardrobe. I need to get used to the idea that I don't need a sweater to leave the house for a few months at least. Nothing like jumping into the season!

We never have a nice long spring here and its not unusual to have hot weather surprise us, but this year is exceptionally odd with such cold weather sticking around for so long. Its going to be a shock for sure when I suddenly need to open all the windows and get rid of the quilt on my bed. But then, the calendar says its time so I suppose its good for us to catch up.

No comments: