Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Amazing

Its hard to believe that tomorrow is June 1st when I'm still so cold in my house at night these days! Not sleeping - its actually this has been delightful sleeping weather - but trying to sit and watch TV or read at night has been downright uncomfortable lately!

I actually like these temperatures. I love wearing sweaters and socks and being toasty warm instead of overly hot, but I cannot bring myself to turn on the heat at this time of the year, so evenings are really cold. As much as I bundle up I often cannot get my hands warm and my nose is cold and I just feel as though its November instead of May. I'm hoping that June sees a change in this trend and we can enjoy some warmer weather ahead. Not hot mind you, but a bit warmer than this!

I know - I'm never happy I suppose. I laugh sometimes because I remember my mother saying she had a "very small comfort zone" of between 65 and 75 degrees. I thought that was silly at the time, but here I am feeling the exact same way these past few years. I wonder if the things we mock in our parents come back to haunt us in some kind of cruel generational karma, with patterns following our parents' lives that we never expected. There is certainly much more to DNA than we realized when we're young!

Poor Mom - I wish I could have her back and apologize now. I also wish she could warn me of what else is to come should I be lucky enough to live into my eighties the way she did!

Come to think of it, I'm only sixteen years away from the age she was when she died. Now that's a sobering thought, isn't it?

No comments: