Monday, April 10, 2017

Sunshine

Its another beautiful sunny day here in East Hampton and everything seems right in the world. Nothing like a little solar power to brighten every body's mood, right?

I managed to get so much done over the weekend in terms of spring clean-up that I feel pretty good about everything accomplished. Today I finally started thinking about Easter and making menus and planning shopping trips. And I also continued the work of cleaning up.

I went to the shed to evaluate. It certainly needs some work done. I won't be able to put the snow blower away until its cleaned out so that's my next project. Its on my list for next week.

I pulled the screen doors out and a few windows too, because I have to take them all to the hardware store for re-screening. Then I walked around the house to observe the ones that are part of the newer window systems and found 2 that needed replacing. They both look as though they were attacked by squirrels or something, I don't know, but I'm sure when the first hot day hits and I want to open windows I need to have them up so I had to figure out how to get them out of the windows they were part of. These windows are ground floor, but I had a heck of a time trying to 1. figure out how they work and 2. get them out without breaking something. It took me about 15 minutes to extricate them both and they went in the stack by my back door. Now next week I'll have to borrow my son's truck to take them to Newtown Lane for fixing. Hopefully it doesn't cost me as much as new ones would. 

And so the sunshine continues to inspire us to get up off our rear ends, get outside into the warmth, and make our homes and yards look pretty. I am inspired but I'm also tired. And condos look better all the time.

No comments: