Friday, April 21, 2017

Scheduling

My life has fallen into a pretty regular weekly pattern which makes me feel a little old because I remember my mother having the same type of schedule when she was older. I think its largely because with no kids around life becomes more regular, or more predictable, as there are fewer special events to work around. No play practice, or sports, or after school activities for instance. Piano lessons, dentist's appointments, and extra school work don't factor in to my own schedule so I can pretty much know from week to week how things will go. Surprises are unusual and for the most part I know exactly what I'll be doing every Tuesday morning at 9am for instance.

Wednesday morning is grocery shopping day. It used to be that I'd stop at odd times of the day and week, whenever I saw an empty parking space, for instance, as I passed by the IGA near my house. But now that I get a discount on "senior" day, I try to only go on Wednesdays. Its worth it to hang on to my shopping needs until then to save on my total bill.

I always go to the dump on Saturdays to do the recycled stuff so if I need to go in between times I do it Mondays and Thursdays. That way I never have any garbage sitting for long in my house waiting for that fateful trip to the recycling center. 

Tuesday morning I volunteer at the hospital so that's always the same, and Thursdays and Fridays are the days I often have meetings for my village work. Saturdays are also for house work and entertaining and Sundays for church, so there you have it - my week in review! Of course there is plenty of fill-in around all those things, like meeting a friend for lunch, or running to K-Mart for something or other. And the occasional trip to Riverhead thrown in.

I think I feel a trip to Lowes coming on soon because my outdoor pots really need planting. Its a little early yet, but in another few weeks for sure....

No comments: