Sunday, April 30, 2017

Imitation

There are times when nature makes the perfect imitation of life and I saw that on Friday morning. 

It was a chilly, rainy morning when I woke to thunder at 5:30. "So much for my walk", I thought! But once I got dressed into my workout clothes and opened the back door I was delighted to see that although the ground was wet, it seemed as though there was no rain falling. So out I went.

About a third of the way into my walk the rain started again. It wasn't a pelting rain and it was light enough that I decided to complete the usual route rather than turn and head home. Once I arrived at my back door I was wet but not soaking and rather pleased with myself for getting that walk in.

And so it went for the first few hours of the day, until about 10:00 when BAM! the sun appeared. Suddenly it was bright and warm and what began as a dismal day was now quite lovely. And it struck me that my life has followed a similar path these past long months, as the storm clouds obscured the sun for what seemed like forever, only to have the light break through just when it seemed the day was going to end the same way it began.

Life is strange sometimes. And at others it follows a very logical path. Sadly we never know which direction its going! But then, that's what makes it interesting, right? And for the moment, I'm enjoying the warmth of the sun.   

No comments: