Sunday, April 23, 2017

Family

I'm with family this weekend having traveled to PA with my son and granddaughter to see the high school musical my other granddaughter is in. So I'm in my happy place right now, surrounded by family and enjoying every minute of it.

My daughter recently moved to a new house so I'm enjoying her new guest room and beautiful wooded surroundings. My son drove down with me so having all that time with him was great - a rare thing to be one-on-one with an adult child for that many hours. And of course being with the grand children for any length of time is always a treat, so all in all this has been a special weekend for me. When you get to be my age, family is what makes life joyful. Its where we find out peace and our contentment and the place we feel most at home. I can see why my grandmother was always so delighted to see us enter her back door when we were young - I actually wish I'd understood it back then because I would have made an effort to do it more often. Actually there are so many things I wish I'd realized when I was young - too much of our wisdom comes too little and too late as far as I'm concerned! What a difference I could have made in the lives of my parents and grandparents had I only been more insightful back in the day! With age comes wisdom, I've always heard that, but somehow we think when we're forty we've already obtained it. Phish! Little did I know. Little do any of us know.

Well I'm only here for one more day so I'm going to enjoy these moments with the special people in my life. I've been truly blessed with each of them and I'll never take any of it for granted. Ever.

No comments: