Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Done

OK I'm done with the April showers now. After this past weekend, and a prediction including rain for the next two days, I'm thinking its time to see the May flowers. Please.

Of course the rain certainly has had its benefits. My lawn is nice and green and the colorful foliage is everywhere. Soon we'll have azaleas to enjoy, followed by irises and other pretty things. Right now the tulips are lovely and the growth on my lilacs makes me look forward longingly to the days those beauties will be in bloom. Every year I look forward to that. My son-in-law is allergic to them and I think that must be a terrible thing as I can't think of a better scent to fill my house with. I bring them in by the bucketfuls.

Yes the world is wide awake now and the threat of snow or freezing temperatures is over, at least here on the East End. Its a beautiful time to be living here, and May is as beautiful as they come. There are so many good things to look forward to, and this month is especially sweet, before the hordes arrive to take up our parking spaces and clog our roads. 

I suppose its time to go into Village Hall and get my beach sticker for this year. Soon enough I'll be needing it. But not today. Today I'll be dancing among the raindrops, trying to stay dry....

No comments: