Tuesday, February 7, 2017

URI

Not a happy camper today. I seem to have developed an upper respiratory infection that is making me really feel lousy.

I'm not the type of person to let a simple "cold" get me down. And I never missed a day of work because of one. I think we just need to soldier on when the cold hits. But this one is different. This one if not in my head as much as my chest. I have a cough with congestion and my whole head seems to hurt. My jaw, my temples, my neck - everything aches and feels badly. Its only the second URI I've had this season so I can't complain, but this one is a doozy.

I'm not at home nursing this thing - I was out all day yesterday on appointments and errands, and I'll be out most of today as well. But I wish I could crawl into bed and stay there for the duration. Of course, I reason that I'm going to be miserable whether I'm in bad or not so why not get things done? In some ways its a distraction to be busy. On my walk yesterday morning I kept thinking I would not finish my usual route, I kept wanting to turn around and cut it short, but then I kept on walking, knowing it would be better to get a walk in that to go home and collapse.

I really do not like the common cold. Especially the ones that aren't all that common, like this one. I know it will run its course and I'm taking my zinc and sleeping with the help of Nyquil, but man, I want to feel good again. I think because of my fragile emotional state this year (and yes, I'm still trying to come to terms with my situation) any little thing seems that much worse. Like this cold.

Let's hope tomorrow is a better day...

No comments: