Sunday, February 5, 2017

The heart

More than once I've used the expression over the years when someone unexpectedly ends up with an partner not one was anticipating, or someone else left one partner to be with another, or some other type of romantic pairing that took people by surprise: The heart wants what the heart wants. 

I find myself in that category lately as well. Things I want to feel I don't, and things I don't want to feel I do. And it makes me a little crazy that my mind can't control my heart. Why should our heart rule the day? Actually I don't think it does for some people, but for me it seems to. And that's frustrating.

I want to shake myself at times and say "Snap out of it you fool!" but I don't need to because there are other people around me happy to do that for me. I know I'm on the wrong track, but getting to the right one is easier said - or thought - than done. It shouldn't be a bad thing, having so much love to give. But sometimes it is. Sometimes its very painful and sometimes it allows damage beyond repair.

This is all pretty cryptic I know and probably makes no sense, but this is where I am today, and therefore it goes from my head to my fingers and comes out on my blog. At times I simply cannot hold it back.

The pen may be mightier than the sword but sometimes the sword should take control! In my case it doesn't seem to. The pen and the heart -  are winning right now.

No comments: