Monday, February 27, 2017

Hiatus

I've been asked twice in the past week when I would get back to blogging and I have to honestly say I hadn't thought about it. I was in a pretty dark place two weeks ago when I decided if I couldn't write anything cheerful I shouldn't bother - so I just stopped.

Although its helpful to me - therapeutic really - to put things down on paper (or in a blog, whatever the case may be!) it shouldn't necessarily be public and I realize there is a point where it becomes airing dirty laundry and nobody wants to see that.

It should be noted that I've written over 3000 blogs since I started back in 2008, so I'm not sure I have all that much to say anymore, but I do enjoy writing. Now, I've decided to give it another try, and maybe come up with some new things to talk about here in this space.

My life has been difficult this past eight months and I know the tone of these missives have often reflected that. However, I believe that there is still joy to be found in the world if I can bring myself to look for it. There are times when its not easy to even manage the "looking" part and I confess to often wanting to accomplish nothing more than getting out of bed and doing my hair and make-up to feel as though I've triumphed. But I want to do more than that. I want to see the light again and I want to feel happy again. So I think this place can be an opportunity to pull myself up from the depths and actually achieve that.


I'm choosing to think of today as a new day. I know its not going to be all peaches and cream from here on - there will still be bad days and I expect the bumpy ride to continue - but perhaps the good ones will outnumber the bad ones soon. That's my hope. That's my prayer. And if there are readers out there who want to take this ride with me, I'm happy to have you! Here's to 2017 - hopefully a better year than 2016, and one where I can once again feel the ability to soar.

No comments: