Saturday, January 7, 2017

Travel

I plan to do a little traveling this week and it seems a good time of the year to get away from home. Although I must say I've been enjoying my fireplace of late, sitting up to knit or read or watch a little television with the warmth of the fire making for a cozy space. I do love a good warm living room in the winter, enveloping me with the coziness of the season and allowing me to spend lots of time with my feet up. No need to be busy until 9pm when its dark at 4:30! I've been known to climb into my pjs lately by 6:00 - something I would never do in the summer when its still daylight outside! There's something to be said for that.

I think of winter as my "down time", although I'm just as busy now as I was in August. Its a different kind of busy though, one of holidays and cooking, entertaining indoors, and lunch out with friends. I love being indoors for the winter months. After all, it just makes the long summer days that much sweeter when they do arrive! By March a bit of cabin fever does tend to settle in.

I hope to be refreshed when I get home in a few days, but one way or the other I'll have been away, and that's not a bad thing at all. Coming home to my cozy house is all I could possibly ask for.

No comments: