Thursday, January 5, 2017

Time

Its really difficult for me to get my head around the idea that this is the year 2017. Yikes.

As a teen reading books like "1984" and thinking that was so far into the future I couldn't even imagine it, I often thought about the year 2000, wondering what that would bring. Funny isn't it the way we imagine our futures to be? Mine certainly didn't turn out the way I imagined it, although that's not all bad. I could never have imagined that I'd be the mother of four amazing children and grandmother to ten beautiful grandchildren. But then again I did think I would find someone to love and be with them until one or both of us were dead. So there are so many good things we can't foresee and so many bad ones we don't want to.

I certainly don't think I deserved the good things my future held, but neither did I the bad, so it all seems to work out in the end, doesn't it?

I suppose at the end of the day its a good thing that we can't look into our future and know what lies ahead. In my case if I had avoided the negative I would have lost out on the positive, so I suppose  I have to look at it as a net gain, and that's the best we can possibly hope for, isn't it?

No comments: