Monday, January 2, 2017

Second

Its the second day in to the new year and my upbeat mood continues. I feel lighter and more peaceful than I have in a long time now. It feels good to find some peace of mind after such a tumultuous year.

I notice many people heading south for the winter now and I have mixed feelings about that. On the one hand I don't envy them because I don't particularly enjoy hot weather and this time of year here is fine with me weather-wise. Until its icy and slushy of course. But nevertheless, I enjoy the seasons.

But on the other hand I do envy the opportunity to get away, to travel with s loved one, to meet new people and have new adventures. At my age that's a nice thing to look forward to. So I wish them well on their winter sojourns. I would like to be having one of my own. But right now my "sojourn" is more about re-focusing my life and figuring out what it is I want of it right now. My future, which I thought was secure and sure is now in question and I need to take stock of where it is I want it to go. So while I may envy those traveling I also know I have my own traveling to do - just not the kind you need to drive a car or take a plane to accomplish. My traveling will be about finding the place in my mind where I'm "home" and where I can be content with what is. Its not a trip I wanted to take, but its one I'm going to embrace. Because right now I'm very much looking forward to that trip.


No comments: