Thursday, January 26, 2017

Motivation

This has been one of those lazy mornings what I haven't had much motivation to get myself moving. it was a non-walking morning, when I wasn't meeting my friend for our regular early walk, so when it was so dark and so rainy outside I simply pulled up the covers and stayed in bad a while longer than usual. Even now I'm having trouble making myself do anything as simple as empty the dishwasher. It must be the low pressure system - my favorite excuse for everything!
Fortunately I've already been to the dump and already read the paper. Oh, and there is my weekly load of laundry in the washing machine. But other than that, with little on the calendar for the day, it won't be easy to get myself going.

My life has changed so drastically in the past year its hard sometimes to get my mind around it. My husband and I had been planning on his retirement and I was very much looking forward to doing things with him on days like this. We could take on a new project around the house (there are plenty that need tackling!) or simply take a drive to the beach for lunch, watching the surf tossing in every direction and talking about life. Instead I'm facing a day alone, still getting things done around the house, but not with anyone to share conversation or contact with. I miss that. But I don't grieve over it anymore. I've learned not to grieve over something that didn't really exist.

I know I'll get myself going soon. Its still early - and the sun is supposed to come out mid-day, which is always a good motivator. I have a busy weekend planned so these empty days are rare and sometimes good for reflection and relaxation.

I think I'll simply sit back and enjoy it.

No comments: