Friday, January 13, 2017

Home

Its going to be hard to come home to an empty house today.

I think that's been one of the biggest challenges for me, coming home to an empty house. Not so much during my day-to-day activities because that was normal, but coming home from a party or other social event, and now, coming home from a trip where I was with family for almost a week, well those are the hard times.There's something about wanting to come in and tell someone else about your adventures that I miss. Or sorting through the mail and doing the laundry with someone else. Its truly the little things that make our lives and those are the things we miss when they change.

I'm sorry for people who go through these changes without family and friends around. For me, those contacts have been my lifeline. Even still I get phone calls from friends checking up on me and often inviting me to a movie of dinner. And of course the grandkids are what keep me going, giving me reasons to laugh and providing lots of love and hugs. Human touch is hard to do without. Thank goodness I haven't had to.

So today I come home to my empty house. But its been a great week and I look forward to seeing the ones I've been missing. There's always a up side to everything, isn't there?

No comments: