Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Cold

Its been pretty cold these past few days and I'm reminded that its winter! But then again, its mid-January and winter is well on its way to passing in no time at all. The months go quickly these days and with my life still in flux the months seem to be clicking along pretty well too. It will be over in no time and we'll wonder how time passed us by so quickly.

I'm looking forward to a few things this winter so I'm not dreading it. I enjoy the cold and even like snow so long as it doesn't over-stay its welcome, turning into slush and ice in the process. I can deal with a little inconvenience now and then in exchange for the beauty of a new snow, turning everything into strange objects of white and making the winter landscape bright again.

The thermostat is supposed to climb now so I'm guessing by the time I get back to eastern Long Island the snow may be gone and getting around won't be a problem. Until the next time of course. And I imagine there'll be a few more before spring comes in about 8 short weeks now. Time. It truly does wait for no man.

No comments: