Sunday, December 18, 2016

Seasonal

This weekend has been one of seasonal busyness. I've had shopping, parties, cooking, family - all the things you have during the holidays. Its expected, its frantic, and its fun.

Now, for a couple days at least, I have a nice slow and easy schedule. I need to shop for stocking stuffers. I need to pick up a couple last-minute gift cards. And I need to get the wrapped gifts out of the attic and get them tagged and under the tree. I have one more day of entertaining - a luncheon for the special people who help me out at village hall every day of the year - and one more shopping trip - and I am totally done. Its not too much for this week, which is going to lead in to the weekend, which is when the best memories and the most love is going to happen.

I think this is one of my favorite weeks of the year, followed quickly by next week. Because this week the anticipation is great and next week the warm glow of the weekend will keep me content until next year when we get to do it all again.

This will not be the easiest Christmas for me, but I am determined to make it a good one. Because I know that my blessings outweigh my hardships. And because I am so grateful for the baby born in Bethlehem that has made all the difference in my life. So bring on Christmas. I am ready.

No comments: