Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Done

Today is my final entertaining day - I have an annual luncheon here for some colleages (i.e. friends) from work and that's the last thing on my "to-do" list. By 9:00 this morning I had been to two grocery stores and attended a board meeting and now I'm home finishing up the preparations for lunch. I'm organized enough to take a break and blog, and feel the day will go quickly. Tonight I have one enjoyable concert to attend and then - done!

I enjoy all the busyness of the holidays and, especially this year, I find it part of the celebration. I love being with friends, I love entertaining, and I love all the baking and gift giving that go along with it. In the next two days I'll deliver a few packages of baked goods or candy, get my packages tagged, and get the house ready for company as my daughter and her family arrive on Saturday. The days that follow will be joy-filled and I am more optimistic about my life and my circumstances than I ever have been - or at least in the past six months. That's a good feeling.

I'm hoping everyone is as content as I am right now. It hasn't been an easy road to get to this place. But sometimes the best victories are the most hard-won.


No comments: