Monday, December 19, 2016

Countdown

So I have my list for today, but I don't feel particularly pressured to get the things on it accomplished. I need to check a few things off the list at least, but whatever I don't get done today,. I'll get done tomorrow. Because this week is all about easing in to the big weekend...gently.

Most of the pressure is off. The shopping is done, the menus are planned, the grocery list is complied - I just need to take my time every day, slowly crossing things off that list and making sure I take the time to enjoy the many things the holidays bring. I want to take a drive some night to see the lights around town, in the places I haven't been this month. There are streets I've yet to drive down and I want to see what those homeowners have to offer.

I want to leisurely shop and enjoy the special things the local stores are offering. There will be things at the grocery store never to be seen again until next Christmas. And sales to enjoy if I take the time to walk around and look. I won't join crowds anywhere, but in town it will be easy to look around.

I'll be making some candy because what I've already made is long gone already and I still have friends to gift. Candy is the perfect thing, neatly tied up in glassine bags with red ribbon and a tag. My friends have been wonderful to me this year and I want them all to know how much I love them for it.

I will certainly drop in on a few special people to say hello and offer a hug. Because that's what we do when we hope for the best for the people we love.

This is going to be a great week. I am totally looking forward to it.

No comments: