Monday, December 26, 2016

Afterglow

And now its the day after and the warm and fuzzy feelings are still alive in my heart. Church, family time, grandchildren, laughter, and lots of love are the things that keep me fully immersed in the glow of Christmas today.

Oh there is plenty to do today. I need to clean up from the chaos and make a trip to the dump (if they're open) to get rid of all the trappings. I need to plan out my week now as company stays until Wednesday and then I have things to do around the house. I will take advantage of the slow week and start the laborious job of cleaning my closet out since I have lots and lots of clothes to get rid of. Losing weight makes for full closets and its time to empty them again! I've been squeezing things in and now I need to get rid of the old and make space for the new so I'm not causing wrinkles in everything because of overstuffing spaces. I need room to breathe. I need to air out my closet, and my life, and begin the process of freeing up my space and my heart and making room for newer, better things. Its a new year coming and I'm getting ready.

Today I'll stay in the warmth of the afterglow but tomorrow, we start over. There's nothing like a new year dawning to get us into gear. And I am so ready.

No comments: