Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Trees

Its a treat that the trees here on the east end still have their leaves. Upstate they are bare and I imagine most of New England as well. But here we still have beautiful red and orange maple trees filling the sky with the autumnal splendor.

We have a green Japanese maple tree in our back yard that is always still in bloom during Thanksgiving week. Its the last holdout and I notice the red Japanese maple in the front yard still has all its leaves as well. They are a deep magenta now and a beautiful orange and make my day whenever my eye catches sight of either one of them.

We're in the final week now and by this time next week they will be losing leaves as well. But for this moment, today and the rest of the week, I'll be enjoying the final stages of their metamorphosis as they prepare for winter. And I as well.

No comments: