Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Preperations

So today is major prep day here and in many homes. I have done most of the shopping, yet I needed to run to the store this morning. I've planned things out pretty well, and I need to clean the house, bake a cake, get the potatoes peeled, move my table out, get the dishes ready, etc, etc. Yes - preparations are important.

Just as I have always been a planner, which I know is all about control in my case, my plans are in place. All I need now is the plans to go smoothly as they should. And before we know it the holiday will be over. Just like that. Planning, prepping, over, as quickly as you can imagine.

Of course even the best plans often go awry and already mine have been curtailed. I had planned to stop at the dump early this morning but when I got there I remembered that they are closed on Wednesdays. So much for that idea. I brought the bag of garbage home. What do I do with it now?

I'm heading out again shortly to run to K-Mart and the nursery. I need to make a trip to the cemeteries where I'll lay wreaths on 5 graves: my parents', my in-laws', my grandparents', my dear friend's, and the child of friends' who no longer live here. I try to remember her every year in their absence and today was her birthday.

So I have a full day ahead of me and I need to get to it. Or before you know it, Sunday will be here...

No comments: