Monday, November 28, 2016

Powder keg

It was a busy weekend full of stuff to keep me busy. I've done my best to stay in a busy state these past months and the effort is going to ratchet up even higher now that the emotional holidays are here. But so far, so good - I've been handling it all pretty well. Actually I think I've been handling everything pretty well considering what I've been dealing with these past 5 months now, so I'm pleased with my progress. I find myself feeling sorry for myself less often and looking forward to the future more often and those are both very good things.

This week is another powder keg for me though as my 42nd wedding anniversary is Wednesday. I know that will be a difficult day for me and I'm already working on ways to fill it. I find that just as in sports, the best defense is usually a good offense, and I'm working toward that as much as possible. I find ways to be busy and not spend too much time thinking about things lost and all that stuff. Negativity is not my nature and that's been one of the most difficult things for me recently.

So this week I will be baking Christmas cookies and making plans for the weeks to come. I hope to fill my days as much as I can with fun things and celebrate the good things in my life as well as the reason for the season. I think as long as I stay the course I'll really be OK and will come out the other side a better person for it.

Here's to the month ahead and all that it holds.

No comments: