Thursday, November 3, 2016

November

Its overcast and dreary outside today but still feeling a bit warm for November. I'm not complaining, mind you, as I still haven't turned on the heat in my house and I'll be enjoying the savings in my gas bill for sure. But this weather has been a bit psychotic and I look forward to knowing how to dress a little more easily. Sweater? Jacket? Wool? Long sleeves? Every day I stand in my room and wonder what to put on.

November is one of my favorite months as it brings in the holiday season. I'm already thinking about Thanksgiving and menus and Christmas cookie baking and entertaining and all the things that go along with the season of magic. I love the holidays.

I will admit to some apprehension as they approach this year because of the change in my status but I'm hoping for the best. I'm not sure how it will all work out, but I'm hopeful that the joy I always feel at this time of the year will still be there for me. After all, the reason for the celebrations has not changed, just perhaps the form of them. All remains to be seen, but I'm hopeful for a good time. I will still be surrounded by family and still have plenty of love in my home.

Yes, November is ushering in a wonderful time of the year. This one may be a bit different, but it will still be wonderful. I have made that promise in my heart.

No comments: