Friday, November 11, 2016

Mickey

I'm very happy to say that I'm presently in "the happiest place in the world". At least that's the way they advertise it. I imagine its all relative, but it is a great place to be and I'm thrilled to get out of East Hampton and away from my difficult year there if only for a couple of days.

Disney World will be a wonderful escape. I'll be with family and I'll be enjoying time with people I love. There's plenty to do here and we'll be busy for sure. With two 14-year-olds it will be an adventure of its own - the first time I've visited without young children since I was in my early twenties.

My first visit was as a travel agent and I went with a friend to check out the brand new magic kingdom which had opened only a year before my visit. There was only the one park, and it was surrounded by woods and swamp land, and we rode on a bus for at least 10 minutes through those 27,000 acres before we saw the gates to the magic kingdom. It was a magical experience then, and although its huge now and there aren't many woods left to drive through, it still is. No one knows how to make you feel at home and taken care of any better than Disney.

We'll be here for only a few days, but they are just what the doctor ordered for me.

Magic indeed.

No comments: