Sunday, November 6, 2016

Light and family

So last night we turned out clocks back an hour. And its beautifully light out this morning. I've been waiting for this and I'm glad its here.

Last night I had so much fun attending a local trivia contest with some family members. My brother, sister, and various members of their immediate families were there so we had a team of eight. We did well - first place in fact - and I won a nice gift certificate to a lovely local restaurant that I'll be using with friends this week.

But the real gift of the evening was being with family and the reminder that no matter what happens in our lives, and no matter how betrayed we feel by people we know, our family is the one constant. The people you grew up with, and grew old with, are the same people who will be there in the middle of the night if you need someone. At least that's the way it is for me, and for that reminder I'm very grateful. We had a great time together because no matter how much time passes, you are connected in a very organic way with the people you shared a lifetime of memories with.

These days its a reminder I very much needed.

No comments: