Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Home

As always, there's nothing like being home. Even this lonely, empty house of mine is my favorite place to be other than with my family. Being with two of my children and two of my grandchildren this weekend was great. I loved every minute of it.

I think that people have the impression that since three of my children live here in East Hampton I am with them all the time and that's not true at all. Don't get me wrong, I love being close and able to see their concerts and stop into their houses whenever possible, but its not like we all live together. I actually haven't seen most of my grandchildren in weeks now - since Halloween for the local ones (other than the one on the trip) and longer the ones from away. So I miss them.

The great thing about traveling together is there is a lot of forced togetherness. I'm not at all sure the kids are all that thrilled about it, but I hope that some day trust that it will be a happy memory. Its nice to be together for meals, and seeing them early in the morning and then at night before bed. Its a different experience than the quick hugs we get when we stop in the house on our way by.

Yes, it's always good to get together with family. It truly is what makes life as rich and wonderful as it can be. And its always good to be home again.

No comments: