Monday, October 10, 2016

Recovery

Yesterday was what I would call "recovery day". After my minor surgery on Friday I felt pretty good on Saturday, but yesterday was not as easy and it was the day I spent on the couch, wrapped in a blanket, feeling very much alone and not very comfortable.

I'm learning to be alone, but its not easy. I've never really been alone much in my life. I moved from my parent's home into a place with some friends, and then back to my original home, and then to my married home.  All in all I had only lived alone for maybe 2 months up until this point. So being alone, especially in this big house (which I love and don't want to leave) has been a huge adjustment. Clearly I'm not there yet.

Not feeling well, combined with being alone, is not the best combination for sure. I had a bit of a pity party while I lay around reading, watching television, eating, sleeping...it was a boring and sad day for me.

The good news is today is a new day. Because every new day begins with optimism and gratitude. Hopefully, today I'll get a phone call, or a text, or a visit, or something to remind me that I'm not really alone. These days I need that reminder.
 

No comments: