Thursday, October 20, 2016

Indian Summer

If ever there was an Indian Summer this week has been it! Most everyone was walking around in shorts and tees and I saw plenty of people with flip flops on the street. It truly was a bizarre change of temperature for the middle of October. I had to dive into my summer closet for lighter weight pants to wear when my jeans were just too heavy.

All this warm weather while the trees are yellow and orange was a bit odd and I'm happy to hear that we'll be back into more normal temperatures now. I was more than happy to be wearing my mid-weight clothes and not worrying about things like sweat and air conditioning. And of course the screens had just been taken down and put away so the house was not all that comfy.

I think this should be the end of our Indian Summer now and from here on out it will be all fall. The thermostat will be used soon as we creep toward freezing temperatures and I may be getting the heavy weight comforter out in a few short weeks. I look forward to that.

And in another week it will be November. And with November the holidays will be close behind. And even during this time of transition for me, when I'm not sure exactly what the holidays will bring, I'm very much looking forward to them. I may not be able to decorate quite as elaborately, or feel like celebrating quite as jovially, I love the holidays and I'm going to enjoy them tremendously. It will be different. But it will be great. And that's something to look forward to.

No comments: