Saturday, October 15, 2016

Follow-up

So I have to follow-up on yesterday's blog because it was in response to comment left on a blog I did about "attitude" and I think I should assure people I'm doing OK. I know not everyone who reads this blog knows me, or even cares, but some do and I don't want anyone to think I am withering away in my house with no life anymore. That is far from true.

In fact, the months that have passed since my world fell apart have allowed me to do a lot of thinking and the time has managed to make me feel much more optimistic and hopeful than I did only a month ago. I think as time passes we are better able to see our enemies for who they are, recognize those that have our best interests at heart, and also separate the false hopes from the realities. I think I'm beginning to see things (and people) for what (or who) they are, rather than using the rose-colored glasses that I perhaps wore for far too long. Its a harsh reality, but reality is always better than fantasy I imagine.

I'm not sure where my life is heading right now. I hope that someday I'll have a person in my life who loves me. I crave companionship, I won't lie. I hope for that, but it may not be. I don't have all that many years left on this earth so time is slipping away. And I'm OK with that. I have plenty of people who care about me and as a woman of faith I know that God is always in my corner. I can be alone and manage just fine.

So for anyone who may be worried about me, rest easy. I will survive, and I will thrive, whether I'm on my own or not. I have much to be thankful for. I know that. And my life is full of very good things.

No comments: