Thursday, October 6, 2016

Better

Well the weather has been better lately and my mood has brightened considerably. Hmmm...wonder if there's a connection?

No matter what time of the year it is, the sun makes the day better. I know we need rain and I actually enjoy a good snow, but there is something about the bright sunshine, even when its 30 degrees outside, that just makes the day better. Right? The sun has been out for two days now and I'm hoping it stays, though it makes me guilty for saying so because a huge hurricane is barreling toward Florida and I'm sure these are not great days for them. Poor people - we know here what a bad storm is like, so I don't wish it on anyone.  At the moment it looks as though we'll be spared, and I hope that holds true. I still have some very big, heavy flower pots outside that would need to be emptied and stored should high winds be coming out way. I'm trying to keep them out as long as possible because the flowers are still pretty and lend a much needed bright spot to the deck and yard. The summer furniture is safely tucked away for the winter so its only these pots that will need attention should we see something significant coming.

The difficult thing for me this year is that I have to depend on my children for help in matters such as these. Without a man in the house, I simply can't manage some things on my own, but I get tired of asking for help. I remember my mother expressing the same thought after my father died and now here I am, knowing exactly how she felt. The kids are great and always come as soon as they are able, but they have families and lives of their own and I hate asking them to take time away for me. After being able to manage these kinds of jobs without them for so long, its a difficult adjustment. I'm working on it.

Yes, the weather effects so much about our lives when you think about it, doesn't it? Maybe if I lived in Fl
orida I'd never have to worry about things like summer furniture and winterizing the house. But then there are all those old people there...

No comments: