Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Autumn glory

Well the sun has finally come out to stay for a few days and its beautiful out there in Bonac. Pumpkins are popping up in lots of places along the roadside, farm stands are green, yellow, orange and red with produce, and the feeling in the air is the very best of the season. Its autumn and I love autumn.

After a few days at home recuperating I was thrilled to get outside on the road today and do some errands. I needed groceries and I needed to take stuff to the dump. I had to stop at the pharmacy and I needed to check in at work. I had many errands, gladly done on a sunny, comfortable day. I'm enjoying the long sleeve weather and the easy sleeping temperatures. Its all good today because autumn is finally here. I'm a very happy camper.

Of course, it doesn't last long enough for me but I'll take it while I can get it. I prefer this weather to almost any other, and we only enjoy it for a few weeks in the fall and a few in the spring. But its wonderful while its here and I'm trying to get in all the outdoor clean-up jobs I can while its still perfect weather for it. Winter is zeroing in quickly and there is work to be done. Storm windows to put up, planters to empty, and spicketts to drain.

Yes, this is really my time. I'm feeling invigorated and I'm looking forward to this winter at home, learning to adjust to my new life. Its October and its perfect right now.

2 comments:

Ben Reichart said...

there is something nostalgic about putting in the storm windows, it marks the seasons for sure, a semi-annual event

Wordsmith said...

Autumn is invigorating, for sure. My mind races with lists of things to get done at this time of year! And...yes, the sleeping is so much better in this cool air! Enjoy your color-filled days!