Wednesday, October 12, 2016

"Attitude"

I opened a friend's blog this morning and the title struck me: attitude. I didn't need to read any further because I knew immediately it was a message for me. Attitude is everything. I've lived it, I've learned it, I've accepted it. Attitude is everything.

I find that my best days are the days that I wake with the right attitude. I feel ready to face any challenge, armed for the day ahead, positive that I can persevere, sure of my footing. It keeps me going throughout the day when I set my mind to something. I knew I needed to make that solo trip to Pennsylvania in September so I gritted my teeth and I did it. I knew I needed to get those storm windows out yesterday so I .... well that didn't work out so well because they were behind the other stuff in the shed, including the snow blower that weighs a ton so I had had no chance of getting those windows out....but I was ready! Mentally I was there! I knew I had to learn how to do a lot of things now that I'm alone, so I did. And I have. And I will continue to do so as long as I maintain the attitude that I can.

I've known people in my life who simply allowed the circumstances they found themselves in to overwhelm them and beat them down. I have never wanted to be one of those people. So I'm determined to put one foot in front of the other every single day, constantly moving forward, experiencing new things and managing my life in every way. I could curl up and feel sorry for myself (and sometimes I do) but I choose not to allow that to become my new way of life. Although I'm no spring chicken, I could still have another twenty years left on this earth and I don't want to waste a single one of them.

Yes, its all about attitude. And today at least, I have that in abundance.

2 comments:

Ben Reichart said...

you got this !

Anonymous said...

At this point, you need something that gives meaning to life and direction to goodness. I would recommend reconnecting with old friends going back many years. You want to reach a point where if you died tomorrow, you feel you had a wonderful life with no regrets. It's obtainable. just work on it. Surrounding yourself with friends and family who care works wonders. Good luck to you!