Thursday, September 1, 2016

September morn

I can't say I'm sorry to see September. Besides it being one of my favorite months of the year, July and August were the most hellish months of my life so far (and that includes the ones where I was doing chemo, so that's saying a lot). I'm more than glad to see August go and begin to look toward the fall and winter now. I hope these coming months are going to be better than the previous two were.

This particular morning doesn't show much promise though! Its very dark and gray out there, with a constant, soft rain falling. I woke at 6:30 to a heavy downpour. Much needed and nice to listen to, but on this day the rain is not helping my mood. The heavy rain is over for now at least, but I would benefit from seeing the sun. Somehow when spirits are low the dark and dreary days aren't very helpful.

I know there are better days ahead. They'll never be as good as the ones I was expecting and anxiously looking forward to, but they will be better. After all, the Bible tells us that "it rains on the just and the unjust", doesn't it? No matter what we do in life, we all have hardships and troubles. And rain.

For now, this rain will serve as a reminder that life is full of unexpected twists and turns and as much as we may think we know where ours is going, it may not be so. My life have changed dramatically over these past two months and its time to become adjusted to a new normal. Not what I wanted, but where I am. And I'm not one to back down from a challenge. So... here I go!

No comments: