Sunday, September 25, 2016

Home

After a nice little vacation I am home again. And that feels good.

I went away expecting to continue blogging from where I was, but when I tried to get onto my blog to write, it seems I had forgotten the password. I wasn't able to access and therefore couldn't write. I had plenty to say, but no way to say it. Hrmph! What good is a blog if you can't actually write in it? All this time, the true purpose of this blog was for my own satisfaction - the joy of writing. Needless to say, I was surprised that anyone bothered to read it!

I spend the past week at my daughter's house in Pennsylvania. It was such a great respite from my life right now I can't even tell you. I'm sure I talked too much (for her liking) about what's going on in my life, but it was therapeutic to get away from here and be able to talk to someone. Way too many people at home have advice and counsel that may or may not be helpful. They mean well, but....

I try to keep my personal information to a minimum unless I'm talking with a good friend or family member. If I'm not offering information, don't bother digging around for it. Unless you hear it from me you aren't hearing the truth, and unless I offer it, you're not going to hear it. And so it goes! Ha!

Pennsylvania is beautiful and healing, miles of rolling farmland and Amish farmers out in their fields while their children play on rudimentary playgrounds outside little school houses. Its picturesque and tends to make the burdens of modern life take a back seat to dreams of simpler things. It has the same affect that the ocean does on my soul. And its a nice change.

So, after an early drive back this morning I'm here now. Hopefully I'm not so out of the habit I won't remember to blog now.

No comments: