Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Chaos

I must do something about my home office. It's in a state of complete chaos.

I am the kind of person who like order, but doesn't always manage it. I tend to keep many spaces neat and clean but others seem to fall into a pattern of messiness within weeks of a good cleaning, either because of their nature...or mine. Or maybe a combination of both. I'm not sure.

My office at this moment is in terrible shape. I need to clean it top to bottom, throwing out excess paperwork and nonsense and getting it to a place where I can find things. It has become the "dumping ground" of my house and whatever I don't know what to do with, I throw out there. And now I need to figure out what to do with all those things that are now piled onto surfaces and floor and into cabinets so I can figure out what's important and what isn't.

It won't happen today. Today I'm about as busy as I ever am, with my volunteer hours from 7:30 to 9:30 at the hospital, a doctor's appointment at 9:45, two stops on the way back to East Hampton, three stops once I get home, a meeting at 1 and brownies to bake before my meeting at 6:30. It's one of those days. I had to write out a schedule just to make sure I don't forget something. It will be right where I can see it in my car as I careen from one thing to another all day and try to remember where my next stop is.

Maybe tomorrow though. I'm thinking tomorrow may be cleaning day in my office. And maybe by tomorrow night I'll feel better about my house...and my world.

No comments: