Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Perfect

Today is one of those rare perfect days in the summer: sunny, comfortably warm with low humidity, low traffic because its mid-week, and not a cloud in the sky. Total perfection.

I'm not sure how other people are spending today but I'm simply taking it in. I had a few errands to do this morning which I was done with my 10:00 and since then I've been sitting out on my deck, reading, snoozing, looking at my beautiful flowers...whatever the spirit moves me to do. I am just enjoying this time of perfection on the East End because I know it won't last. The humidity is returning an the air conditioner will need to be turned back on in order to sleep again.


I rarely take "lazy days" but this one certainly is one. I'm not going to waste it, although there was a time in my life where I would have thought sitting around reading was the very definition of wasting the day. No, I'm going to continue doing exactly what I am right now. Only what I want to do, Perfectly in sync with the weather, just drinking it all in.

And why not?

1 comment:

Ben Reichart said...

reading a good book is never a waste of time.