Friday, August 12, 2016

Jam packed

Yesterday was a busy day for me. So jam packed in fact I had no time for blogging.

From the moment I got out of bed until the time I climbed back into it, I barely had time to think about where I was going, running from one thing to the next. It's good to be busy and everything I was doing was good. But today I'm more than happy to have a less frantic day.

My caution, if you will, is that I not use "busyness" as a drug right now. I don't want to be numb from the fact that I'm not slowing down long enough to "feel" the things I need to feel, working through the emotions that I have and moving on to a happier, healthier place. Being busy can be a very good thing, and I've always enjoyed it. I'm not a "leisure" person and have no desire to spend hours at the beach or lying in a hammock. But at the same time, there is value in being alone with your thoughts and knowing your head.

These days I'm actively working on being busy. At the same time I have to make sure I leave time for meditation and reflection in every day. Right now, more than ever before, I think my life and health depend on it.

No comments: