Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Fall-like

These past few days here on the East End have been absolutely fall-like and I'm loving every minute of it. The humidity is non-existent, the air is cool, and I can comfortably work around my house with no trouble at all, not to mention the fact that with non-working a/c in my car I'm not dying every time I get into it.

I know the humidity will return for at least one spell before we're done with August, but I am loving the comfort this stretch ha afforded. And its making me long for those crisp fall days where a sweater is called for and sleeping with the windows open is such a pleasure. Its the smallest things in life that I treasure. Sometimes they're the only things to hang on to, but at the very least they make life so enjoyable. I find myself watching the sun go down earlier every night and thinking how nice it will be when I can curl up on the couch and simply enjoy the fireplace.

I'm worried about hurricanes this season. I don't know why exactly, although it seems my run f bad luck does put me into the "If it can go wrong it will" category recently since that's the way its going. But the warm water is concerning and an already busy tropical season has me wary as well. We may be due for a bad one but I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Just putting away the summer furniture is going to be a huge chore for me this year.

Lots of new things or me to deal with. A new season is only one of them. And so...life goes on.

No comments: